A PCAP Challenge for Halloween
Celebrating Halloween is something our hometown of Portsmouth, NH takes really seriously! There’s a big parade where everybody does the “Thriller” dance, pumpkin-head scarecrows lurking all over town, and private homes open their elaborately decorated haunted barns for the neighbors to wander through!
In the spirit of the season, we’re offering our own Trick or Treat challenge – PCAP style. Take a stroll through this capture file and see if you can find the 5 hidden “pumpkins” that we’ve placed in there for you!
A few things you should know before you get started:
- You’ll need to have a CloudShark account of your own to do this challenge.
- Once you’re logged in, open up our capture and go to Export -> New Session to copy the file into your account.
- When you have found a pumpkin, grab the CloudShark URL that shows it the best. You should be able to link directly to a view of each one!
- After finding all 5 of them, send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include an explanation of how you found each of them.
- Bonus points if you write it up and publish it on your own site
- Double bonus points if you find a pumpkin we didn’t know was in there!
- Winners will be announced on our blog along with the solution in the coming weeks.
- Think outside the gourd!
Tom had a lot of fun building this challenge for you, and all of us here at CloudShark hope you enjoy it. Happy Halloween, and have fun!